Question

Honor Student
gunnayn
Message 1 of 3 (123 Views)

hp tx1025 won't start after cleaning heatsink

hello.  i have a hp tx1025. this is not the first time i have cleaned a heatsink from a computer but it is the first that i have done so with this hp.  i do not know where i went wrong.  disassembly was not complicated and i made sure that i connected back each component that i unplugged.  after putting the laptop back together, plugging it it, and switching the power button i got nothing.  no light, screen flicker, no fan sound, nothing.  i disassembled and reassembled several more times each time taking longer and longer just to make sure i was not forgetting anything and still nothing.  i do not know what to do.  any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.  

Intern
Austing35
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: hp tx1025 won't start after cleaning heatsink

I don't think this is heatsink relate. Double check the power connections. The fact that you turned it on and there are no lights at all indicates that there is no power at all here. Good luck. 

Honor Student
gunnayn
Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: hp tx1025 won't start after cleaning heatsink

sorry.  poor choice of words.  when i plug the ac/adapter into the laptop the white light illuminates at the connection point as always. but when i slide the power switch nothing happens.  

don't know what i did because disassembly was not complicated at all.  

thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation