Question

Honor Student
bitterdreams
Message 1 of 5 (240 Views)

imaging device/webcam

Hi,

I am using HP Pavilion g4, i had youcam in it. But unfortunately, it says that my webcam is not enabled when i open the youcam. I had already installed the youcam. I was told to enable it in the imaging device in the contol panel, but i could find imaging device in it, Control panel>hardware and sound>Devices and Printer. I need the webcam urgently. Can someone help me?

Thanks

PhD Student
rcspencer
Message 2 of 5 (223 Views)

Re: imaging device/webcam

Hi,

Can you provide the full product model for your PC, that will help provide the most accurate answers (if you need help finding your specific model, check this document).

I would recomment starting your troubleshooting in the document below:

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

There is a section on what to do if the webcam isn't listed in the Device Manager, you might start there if your in a hurry, but I'd recommend starting at the top since there could be many different things causing your problem.

If you can't get it working, post back your specific model number, and what you tried and any details about how it went so we can continue to help.

R

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
bitterdreams
Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

Product name: HP pavillion g4 Notebook PC

Product model: B3H83PA#AB4.

Thanks

Honor Student
bitterdreams
Message 4 of 5 (213 Views)

Product model: g4-2009TX

Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

Hello bitterdreams,

I see that you are having problems with the webcam on your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with this issue. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation