Question

Student
Sinister_Girl
Message 1 of 4 (1,275 Views)

internal microphone not working on my hp windows 8

Recently my internal microphone has stopped working when i use an external microphone i have no problem but since my computer is newer i have no idea how to resolve the issue im using Windows 8 on my Hp pavillion g7 notebook

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 4 (1,272 Views)

Re: internal microphone not working on my hp windows 8

Could you provide your notebook's model number so we can look up software updates and provide hardware troubleshooting steps that meet your needs.

Student
KristyMc
Message 3 of 4 (1,241 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have an internal Microphone issue. I already sent it in to get it fixed and the issue is happening yet again. It just doesn't work. It used one..but there is no reason why it shouldn't I just got the PC less than 5 months ago.  Its  Windows8 HP Envy dv6 Notebook PC.  I ran a cleaner and tells me some files may be missing or something along those lines. I'm still learning the terms and understanding. I spoke to an HP online assistant. She was a bit rude after quite some time of trying to help me understand what it was I was doing. I hope I can get some help with it.

Serial- [Personal Information Removed]

Product- C2M11UA#ABA

Model- dv6-7210us

Warranty- [Personal Information Removed]

Hope this helps. Is there a link to make sure I have all files required? 

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 4 (1,222 Views)

Hello KristyMc,

Please take a look at this document, and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your microphone issues.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation