Question

Honor Student
cabooes
Message 1 of 2 (674 Views)

is leaving laptop battery out when ac plugged in good and not using the battery bad for long periods

I just want to know it is bad to leave your laptop ac plugged in good and with the battery not in the laptop and having the battery out of the laptop for long periods bad lke what it i don't have the battery plugged or charge for a few months and I mainly used my ac to power my laptop is it bad for the battery to not be used for long periods of time.

and I run my laptop on battery saver but when my battery is in my laptop so is it ok to keep it on this option when the battery isn't in the laptop while having the ac plugged in cause I would like to save some power from using the charger plugged into the wall

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (656 Views)

Re: is leaving laptop battery out when ac plugged in good and not using the battery bad for long per

That is a good thing to do. It will extend the life of your battery. Run the battery down to 40% and store it someplace cool. Every month or so be sure and use the battery and charge it and drain it to 40% before storing it again.

I put the power option to performance when plugged into the external power pack. It is your own option as to which power option you use.

Best regards,
erico
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation