Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

is there a relpaceable fuse on or near the mother  board of a pavilion dv6-2150us

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is the power adapter originally for the  pavilion dv6-2150us?

Remove the main battery and plug in the power adapter and try powering it on. It is safe to do that.

If that does not work then try a hard reset as follows:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

Please post your positive or negative results.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

No. There is not.

For what reason are you asking that?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I lost power to the machine. The power supply works on another laptop. The faulty laptop was working. I shut it down and moved to another electric outlet and tried to turn on the computer but now it is dead. I do not think I had a power surge but may have. power on/o0ff button does not respond.

HP Recommended

Is the power adapter originally for the  pavilion dv6-2150us?

Remove the main battery and plug in the power adapter and try powering it on. It is safe to do that.

If that does not work then try a hard reset as follows:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

Please post your positive or negative results.

HP Recommended

That worked!  Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

The power was originally for the Pavilion dv6-2150us. Your hard reset did the trick. Did holding down the on button while the machine was un pluged drain some kind of capaciter inside the power module?

Once again the hard reset worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your help

HP Recommended

I'm still in the process of identifying the model of my machine, but believe it's a Pavilion G6 about 1.5 years old. I really need to find my receipt. I bought it at Staples if that means anything and it was running Win 8. Anyway, my son had the laptop at college, and accidently plugged his roomates Bose speaker power block into the machine I'm referencing and was not able to power it or charge the battery. I'm an ex-Bell labs HW engineer, so here's the deal as far as I can report it:

1. Bose supply...18V DC output, 1.1 Amp,  REVERSE POLARITY on output...Prob enough said.

2. No lights on machine when battery (had another charged battery), of correct HP power block plugged in (no surprise).

3. Pulled motherbord and have not identified fuse or protection diode which I may be able to replace if they even exist.

4. Came across this forum, and am confident the info I may be able to get could be presented here.

From Motherboard, here is the info I was able to capture:

Model RS3

HP tag with barcode: 683029-501

I know this barcode may represent a sub assembly or other component, but it was pasted to the motherboard.

Appreciate all input regarding this matter. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Please see my other posts regarding this topic..Thanks All

HP Recommended
Hello,
My HP HDX 18 complete died
There's no any light except charger input jack.
I tried many time to remove, onplug hold and press power bottom with or without battery, nothing happen, please do not say about these method again,
Is it any Fuse on the motherboard? Or should I change the motherboard? Thanks
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.