Question

Honor Student
Phiabayee
Message 1 of 6 (235 Views)

laptop key not working

I have a pavillion dv5 laptop and randomly a key stopped working on my keyboard the letter E specfically I have I used the on screen keyboard the e works there I use a remote app on my andorid and ipad the E works there as well Ive also went into the device manager and uninstalled the keyboard and let windows reinstall it and that didnt fix the problem either I havent dropped it recently or spilled anything on it so I was wondering if anyone had any advice about what the problem could be

Teacher
dallascowboys1
Message 2 of 6 (222 Views)

Re: laptop key not working

Maybe you have a particle of something stuck underneath the key. Try blowing it out with an air canister.

alno
Message 3 of 6 (216 Views)

all key is not working
Teacher
dallascowboys1
Message 4 of 6 (210 Views)

Check to see if the ribbon cable is still connected.

alno
Message 5 of 6 (209 Views)

[ Edited ]

Serial no . [Personal Information Removed]

product . D7N15PA#ACJ

Model . HP 2000-2313TU

Honor Student
Phiabayee
Message 6 of 6 (197 Views)

I popped the key up and cleaned under it initally I thought that was the problem but I figure it isnt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation