Question

Honor Student
sulang
Message 1 of 64 (25,046 Views)
Accepted Solution

low disk space mesage HP tools drive E?

Why am I continually getting low disk space for HP Pavilion g6 windows 7 64 bit HP tools drive E?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 64 (25,041 Views)

Re: low disk space mesage HP tools drive E?

Go into your notebook's Control panel settings and select System protection.  Change drive E setting from on to off. Also be sure that you never save anything to the E drive.

setprotection.png 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
sulang
Message 3 of 64 (24,991 Views)

my version of Windows 7 doesn't have protection settings for drive e. The protection settings are for C and D only.

Sulang  

Student
kc2012
Message 4 of 64 (24,732 Views)

I followed the directions:  Control panel to systems and ended up on the same screen as shown above but my drive E is not listed, only C and D but my problem is with "E".

Top Student
joshdavis89
Message 5 of 64 (24,632 Views)

yes i figured it out! after about an hour of looking... your computer has been automatically backing itself up every month, just go in and delete a few back ups!! Go computer, hp tools drive E, and click on the name of your computer in their, then click manage space used by this backup, and click view back ups and delete the ones you dont want!!! by the way they are dated thankfully. but its that simple, hope this helped.

Student
Jgiggler
Message 6 of 64 (24,299 Views)

What if there is only one backupfile listed with one date???? it's only taking up 1.09 GB

Honor Student
DannyW224
Message 7 of 64 (24,189 Views)

i have the the same problem, i have gone into the backups to look at deleting the old backups, but i am only left with the one backup that is 1.07gb big.

for your info. i have used 3.66gb out 3.95gb.

can someone give any advice on what to do?

cheers

Student
Faehime
Message 8 of 64 (23,777 Views)

I am having the same problem. After going to the properties on every file in my HP_TOOLS, I found that the rootfs file I have is taking up close to 2.19 GB...

Are there ANY solutions to this problem out there?

Top Student
sherry1
Message 9 of 64 (23,408 Views)

I KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE  RE: LOW DISK SPACE ON HP TOOLS DRIVE E, THIS IS A BRAND NEW COMPUTER. WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE? THE MESSAGE KEEPS POPPING UP

Top Student
sherry1
Message 10 of 64 (23,407 Views)

HOW DO U GET PROTECTION SETTINGS FOR DRIVE E??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation