my dv2000 won't boot or POST. (1459 Views)
Honor Student
pkamihiwa
Message 1 of 3 (1,459 Views)

my dv2000 won't boot or POST.

My HP Pavilion dv2000 won’t boot… on powering up button all LED indicators remain solid on (blue), including the QuickPlay, the wireless indicator is orange of course. Cannot access the BIOS. Also the hear the cranking noise by the CD drive… and that is it. Nothing else happen. The screens remain dark. I tried a hard reset: nothing. I tested the memory modules, had drive and cd drive with another laptop and they all seem to work fine. Lastly I took them way and powered on; I still got the same result. I have no idea what is going on. Any help?

HP Pavilion dv2000 - Window Vista – no longer under warranty

Intern
zedenaka
Message 2 of 3 (1,437 Views)

Re: my dv2000 won't boot or POST.

Hi !

Seems that there is possible failure in the motherboard already because you can't even boot into BIOS.

Try a Hard Reset first. Remove the battery and unplug the charger. Then press and hold the Power Button for about 15 secs. Put the battery and charger in, then try to power on.

You can also try to reset the BIOS by removing the RTC battery, wait for about 10-15 secs then put it back again then power on the notebook.

If none of these would work, I'm sorry to tell but the notebook needs to be serviced.

HTH

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the White Kudos Star to say Thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
pkamihiwa
Message 3 of 3 (1,431 Views)

Re: my dv2000 won't boot or POST.

Thank you zedenaka. I already tried that but it didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation