Question

Student
Redrose12
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)

my screen says Boot Device Not Found

Hi,
I have a HP mini laptop and a couple of days ago my computer said it was going to restart itself when it did it went to a black screen that says:

Boot Device Not Found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard Disk (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Now I do not know what that means!!!! I am so confused, now I have read previous blogs and my computer is:
Notebook Model 1: HP Pavilion TS 11 Notebook PC
Processor Speed: 1000 MHz
System Board ID: 2178
And I am using Windows8
Honor Student
Bbelt13
Message 2 of 5 (119 Views)

Re: my screen says Boot Device Not Found

Same! What do I do?!?!
Top Student
Jaikanth
Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If  you have disassembled   your laptop recently that might have been a loose connection in your hard drive you should be able to fix that very easily by tightening the black cable on you mobo and hardisk.

Otherwise, it could due to hard drive corruption. if you have your Windows disk you can use the repair>startup repair option to fix it.I would recommed to to run a sfc /scannow from repair>command prompt it would take sometime but wold fix all problems of data corruption.

if you don't have a Windows CD then borrow one or give it to a computer service shop nearby and ask him to repair it

Any more problems rep me ASAP

Mark as answer if helped

Thanks 

Honor Student
Bbelt13
Message 4 of 5 (92 Views)

My computer is fresh out of the box and I'm new to PC. So I have no idea what the middle paragraph says :/
Top Student
Jaikanth
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

It should be due to OS Corruption.Better give it in the place wher you have bought they will fix the problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation