HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-19-2009 03:26 PM - edited 09-19-2009 03:28 PM
i looked at the Device Manager and it doesn't show the DVD CD Rom section. and in My computer doesn't show the icon of my cd rom.
all that happen since i installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1. what can i do? i have a dv2419US the dvd cd rom is a Mats.hita.
please help me with that. i tried looking for drivers and had no luck. i erase the lowerfilter, the Upperfilter wasn't there.
09-19-2009 05:57 PM
Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.