Question

Honor Student
puzzelphish
Message 1 of 3 (978 Views)

no recovery partition, check boot path or disk hardware

i wiped both partitions off my g60 vista laptop and tried to reinstall a clean copy of xp, but, it appears that when i wiped the recovery partition, i also wiped drivers too. when i try to install xp it says:

"windows could not start because of a **bleep** hardware config problem. could not read from selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware. please check the windows documents about hardware disk config and your hardware reference manual for additional info." i know, i know! i shouldnt have wiped the recovery partition...but i did. but now that i have, is there any way for me to get xp into it and then get any drivers that im still missing. thank you for any help you can give.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (968 Views)

Re: no recovery partition, check boot path or disk hardware

jeez....we might want to know what model of computer we are being asked about

Honor Student
puzzelphish
Message 3 of 3 (945 Views)

Re: no recovery partition, check boot path or disk hardware

well, i got xp in but im still missing the drivers for the sm bus controller and coprocessor. its a g60 249wm. and just so you know the "bleep" was "disk", i may have spelled it wrong resulting in a different word.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation