Question

Intern
RayGo75
Message 1 of 2 (239 Views)

noisy fan pavilion g7 1033cl

I have an HP Pavilion g7 1033cl and the fan has started to make noise, it sounds like something is rubing on the fan blades (remember putting a baseball card in the spokes of your bike?).

I have tried blowing out the cooling vents with compressed air and gone into the BIOS and disabled fan always on to no avail. When the fan does come on, which is almost always, it makes noise.

I need detailed instructions on how to get to the fan so I can check to see if something is rubing on the fan blades.

Also I would like to know where I can get replacment parts in case I need to replace it.

(As I typed this the fan stopped so the bios setting is working)

PhD Student
rcspencer
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: noisy fan pavilion g7 1033cl

Hi

Instructions like that can be found in the Maintenance and Service Guide which is available on the Manuals page for your notebook, though I wouldn't necessary recommend it unless your pretty handy with disassembling and reassembling electronics.   In addition to instructions for removing the fan, you will find part numbers which you should then be able to use to order any needed replacement parts from the HP Parts Store.

Good Luck!

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation