Question

Tutor
NewBreed
Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)
Accepted Solution

not able to install my printer on my Asus Laptop. I have the Hp OfficeJet 6400.

[ Edited ]

not able to install my printer on my Asus Laptop. I have the Hp OfficeJet 6480 and an Asus X550C running Windows 8.1. After downloading the software on HP's site nothing happens after it downloads and does the extract process. The installer just dissapears. If I try to uninstall it, I get a message saying that it's running and cannot ininstall. I've tried the Print and scan doctor as well as the Installation wizard. Also disabled firewalls .... nothing works

Master's Graduate
ferRX
Message 2 of 5 (244 Views)

Re: not able to install my printer on my Asus Laptop. I have the Hp OfficeJet 6400.

Hi NewBred,

Try with the 

to install the software.

* Click on KUDOS thumbs up to say thanks  :smileywink:     

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Regards,

ferRX.  

Tutor
NewBreed
Message 3 of 5 (237 Views)

Re: not able to install my printer on my Asus Laptop. I have the Hp OfficeJet 6400.

Thanks for reply. I did try that earlier and basically the same thing happens. And, apparently some of it keeps running as I can't delete it unless I reboot. I'm thinking that there are some additional drivers required for this Asus Laptop. I was able yo install it on two 8.1 desktops with no problem. My Dell laptop finally accepted the download after many attempts - maybe the wizard - I forgot I've done this so many times. it's just the Asus laptop where this happens now.

Tutor
NewBreed
Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

It turned out to be a corrupted .dat file in the windows directory. Removed it and problem solved!

dw

Master's Graduate
ferRX
Message 5 of 5 (181 Views)

Oh, thank you for the update. I am glad to know that the question is solved :smileyvery-happy:

Best regards,

ferRX.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation