Question

Student
arzi
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

pavilion hp 14 b164 touchpad and touch screen not working

[ Edited ]

good day.i have pavilion hp 14 b164tu touchpad and touch screen not working. I tried to re installed windows major installation ,switch off remove power chord and remove battery and press switch for 3 minutes and other options but still not working.my notebook is 14 months old.any advice.thank you so much.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: pavilion hp 14 b164 touchpad and touch screen not working

Hello arzi,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the touchpad and touchscreen are not working on your computer anymore. I will do my best to assist you!

As a general troubleshooting step, if the issue began recently (a month or less, maybe a little more), you should try a System Restore. I want you to bring the computer back to the earliest restore point possible, in an attempt to dodge whatever caused the issue. Here is a document on how to perform a System Restore: System Restore

**Troubleshooting the touch screen**

To resolve the issue, I will need you to try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8

I want you to troubleshoot the issue with the steps from the following sections: "Touch screen doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 8" and "Tapping the touch screen does not do anything".

**Troubleshooting the touchpad**

To resolve this issue, please review the troubleshooting in this document: Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8)

Please perform the troubleshooting in this section only: "Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work in Windows 8"

Next, if that document doesn't help, this one might: Troubleshooting Mouse Problems (Windows 8)

In that document, there is a generic section to troubleshoot when the pointer does not move. Please refer to the following section only: "Moving the mouse does not move the pointer"

Please let me know your outcome, and I shall continue to assist if necessary. Thanks and have a great day :smileyhappy:

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation