Question

Honor Student
elifselin
Message 1 of 4 (198 Views)

pavillion dv6 3107et

I have a hp pavillion dv6 3107et notebook for three years and ever since i bought it, i have a heating problem (it burns my hand and melts the base), for the third time i sent it to hp service to fix it, for the third time it came back with a new base and a new fan, it has been one or two months since then and again the base started to melt from heat, against my efforts to clean the fan or not to put the laptop on a surface without using my external fan (which i also believe i shouldn't be have to). I had to extend my guarantee for three more years now, but i don't think my laptop will survive that long. Also i think hp    service is not paying attention to solve the problem but change only the deformed parts and send it back to me. So if you have any solutions i would be more than glad to hear it. How can i fix this?

Retired
Antonius_L
Message 2 of 4 (193 Views)

Re: pavillion dv6 3107et

Hello elifselin,

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people a for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.
Honor Student
elifselin
Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

Hello again,

I would like to tell you that i am still struggling about the problem i mentioned before, after my first post, hp service in my area reached me to help, but yet again after when i told them about the overheat and send my laptop, they changed the deformed parts( the base and the fan) and they send it back. So, it will be the fifth time now if i call them for this problem and before i do that, i would like to ask you if there is an alternative solution for this. Because this laptop can only be used for six months or a year max, with this condition, from the minute its bought and started to be used. Is that the lifetime hp offers for its laptops? It looks like the hardware of this series has a permenant problem, i need a solid solution about it this time, because i am sure that when i will call the service, they will take my laptop and change the melted and deformed parts with new ones to be the same in a matter of time, and the sad part is i am doing nothing wrong, nothing an average customer, an average computer user wouldn' t do. So, i am asking for your attention to the subject if you please. 

Retired
KittyK
Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)

elifselin, I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation