power cord plugged in not charging message (899 Views)
Student
mjcooper82
Message 1 of 3 (899 Views)

power cord plugged in not charging message

My power cord is plugged into my dv7 1267cl.  but its not charging, i can unplug from computer and plug back in and it will charge for a little while (sometimes just seconds) and it quits charging..... I checked the device manage and it says cord software is update.  and it and the battery are working properly....any suggestions.??  All help is greatly appreciated.

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 2 of 3 (895 Views)

Re: power cord plugged in not charging message

Hi,

Do you see a light next to the ac adapter port? What happen when you unplug the ac adapter? Can you try to wiggle the ac adapter around and see if that will charge the battery? Check if theres a physical damage on the ac adapter. Also, run a battery check from help and support if you got vista, or support assistant if you got windows 7.

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (888 Views)

Re: power cord plugged in not charging message

Fastest way to determine if the power cord is defective_remove the battery and try to power on with only cord attached.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation