power supply connection problems (571 Views)
Honor Student
ggmaso
Message 1 of 4 (571 Views)

power supply connection problems

I have an HP Compaq 6715b and have gone through several power supplies - it does not take long before I lose connection between the male/female connection. I try to be gentle but this keeps happening, what is the problem? Is there a problem at the female end (inside the computer)? Would a docking station solve the problem? It seems to be an expensive solution jjust to get power.

Thanks

Greg

Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 2 of 4 (562 Views)

Re: power supply connection problems

What is rating of the AC Adapter you got?

Based on the specification, you should be using a 90W AC Adapter such as 463955-001.

If you were using a 65W AC Adapter, then it is likely the 65W AC Adapter were running too hot and in turn cut down the life expectancy of this 65W AC Adapter.

If you were using a 90W AC Adapter, I think you are just unlucky to get some of the bad units.

Yes. A Docking will help. It is because it uses a 135W AC Adapter to the docking station and your laptop will get power via the docking connector at the bottom of your notebook.

However, there are so many type of HP docking stations and you need to make sure to order one for your notebook.

Honor Student
ggmaso
Message 3 of 4 (552 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have a 90w adapter. I already know the docking station model i need but can't believe how expensive they are.  As for the problem, it seems like it is the connection. Over time it just doesn't seem to be making a connection.

Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 4 of 4 (540 Views)

I believe the AC Adapter connection to your Compaq 6715b is at the top left hand side of your notebook.

Just a wild guess.

Does your AC Adapter hanging to the floor causing the internal break at the end of this power core?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation