Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
probook 450 g2
Windows 8.1

I have bought this laptop about a month ago and from the very start cooling fan is working all the time and it's driving me c-r-a-z-y. Please give me some advice how to silence it.

Tnx

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You can use the HP CoolSense  software on your notebook to adjust your fan settings.

For example: You can change the setting from 'Coolest' or 'Performance Optimized' too 'Quietest'.

But if set on 'Quietest' it might run hot, so be careful.

If your computer does not have HP CoolSense alreay installed then you still may be able to install it if your notebook meets the hardware requirements.

Here's the info: HP CoolSense Technology

Smiley Wink If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it doesn't support coolsense

HP Recommended

Have you tried third party software fan controllers like SpeedFan?

There are others but SpeedFan is very popular but not exactly for novices.

You can Google 'Fan Control Software' for others.

HP Recommended

Yes, but speed fan can't detect the fan. I've also updated the BIOS and disabled fan always on option, but no method is working. I'm afraid googling out doesn't help since I can find the solution a month long

HP Recommended

You can try changing the Power Options in Control Panel.

For example: from 'High Performance' to 'Power Saver' mode.

It's also possible that your fan is always running because the system is running hot.

Have you tried monitoring your system temps? You can try Real Temp to monitor temps to see if it's running hot. You can use a can of compressed air to blow out the intake/exhaust vents of dust that may be clogging the vents and not use the laptop on a soft surface; pillow, blanket, etc., that might block the intake/exhaust vents.

HP Recommended

I've tried that as well, but power settings don't change anything. I've also monitored the temperatures with HWmonitor and all is fine. I'm aware that HP made this system to maintiain everything cool and longlasting, but is annoying

HP Recommended

I have to agree with you! I hate a loud notebook. Sorry we couldn't come up with a solution.  :HalfEyes:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.