probook 4510s key problem (865 Views)
Student
reaonehy
Message 1 of 2 (865 Views)

probook 4510s key problem

I somehow managed to remove a key from my keyboard, and it's not broken, i just can't put it back properly. i tried removing another one to see how its fixed but that only resulted in having two removed keys, lol.

so if anyone could give me a picture or video guide how to put it back, cos i've been trying for hours straight - unsuccessfully.

Intern
AeSix
Message 2 of 2 (848 Views)

Re: probook 4510s key problem

Theres little fingers on the key that will grasp onto tiny hinges on the keyboard. In most cases with laptop style keyboards, putting the key in place and applying a bit of presure will reseat the key. You may have to fiddle with it a bit on the first key, and the second should go on easier. There are some keyboards where the keys simply can not be reattached either because there was something broken, or because a tiny tool is needed to wiggle parts under the key as you're pressing. Though the tool part isn't impossible, it's very difficult.

Depending on the age of the laptop, you may be able to find a replacement keyboard for under $40, if the keys missing are that important to you. Replacing the keyboard is usually a pretty simple task, and can be done by anyone willing to follow instructions.

Hope this helps!
AeSix

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation