Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP probook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all.

I bought a Samsung 850 EVO, 500 GB for my probook 6560b.

If in the bios settings I set 6 Gbps the SSD is not detected.

On boot, the leds of buttons "block num" and "maiusc" lamp for about 4 minutes, then no hdd is finded.

If I set 3Gbps in bios it starts correctly, but I have reduced SSD performance.

Can anyone help me?

I saw similar forum but I don't understand the solutions (if exists).

Mi BIOS is the latest version, F60.

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

BIOS may say one thing BUT the disk controller can only do one thing, this is its limit. For eample you want your car runs like a racing car on a racing track but it can only run on a normal freeway with its normal speed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

I explain better the question:

My ssd is a SATA III and when I set SATA III into the BIOS of hp6560b, it doesn't work.

I would understand where is the problem: both the device pc hp6560b and ssd SAMSUNG EVO 850 500GB support the SATA3 standard, but when setted this option the hdd is not detected.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP 6560p laptops (and their sisters/brothers) support SATA II and only use SATA II interfaces as shown on their specs:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c02722035.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

I think that the specs document show the installed hdd ( that all model are SATA II ). This notebook has a cople of years.

In my BIOS, as showed into attached image, I can set also SATA III, so the controller seems that can be set in this mode.

So:

1) It's a BIOS config error.

2) There is something wrong between Samsung EVO 850 500GB and controller Intel.

3) something else.

Thanks.

Best regards.

BIOS.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.