Question

Top Student
amiruliman
Message 1 of 2 (1,945 Views)

"No Bootable Device -- insert a boot disk and press any key" Error Message.

[ Edited ]

Last month I just got a HP netbook (HP Mini 110-3100) and when I got it from the box, the error message; "No bootable device -- insert a boot disk and press any key" appeared. But then I managed to boot up the netbook normally. After that, I can use the netbook normally but the error message keeps appeared and becomes more frequent and now I even cannot turn on the netbook. 

Is it a hard disk failure? 

p/s: yesterday accidentally I can turn on the netbook without any problems. Did a lot of Hard Disk Maintenance by some softwares downloaded from the internet. But now already cannot turn on. 

p/s/s: i have no cd/dvd drive, and also no 8GB usb drive.

p/s/s/s: what should i bring if i want to send the netbook to the HP centre? just bring the netbook?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 2 (1,915 Views)

Re: "No Bootable Device -- insert a boot disk and press any key" Error Message.

I would suggest try and reseat the hard drive and check...If you still have the issue, than take it to the service center...And you will need to take only netbook to Service center...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation