Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

By "plug" I mean external AC adapter cord, not the socket on the laptop/MOBO.

HP Recommended
hi pls I have a HP pavilion it was not booting up after trying all that I can, I now flashed the CPU and now it blinks on only light when I plug in the charger. at the hard drive symbol of light side close to the power symbol light
HP Recommended
and the light is orange colour this my first time of seeing this pls I need help
HP Recommended

Hi @BARONINFOTECH,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you were having an issue with startup.  You  tried different steps but to no avail.  You updated the bios and now you see a flashing orange light on the left side.

What is your exact model of HP notebook?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What operating system are your running?

When you try to power on the notebook do you hear the fan or hard drive spin up?

Is the flashing light by the power connection on the notebook?

What is the flash pattern?

Please describe the original problem before you updated the bios?

This document may help you. HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code.

To say thanks for replying  please click the thumbs up button below.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Can we have some feedback on the programming bug, please?

HP Recommended

Yes it can. Bent center pin on cord plug was causing "plugged in, not charging" error in my case. staightened it out and all fine.

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g series laptop, after-market battery, after-market charging cord.

The following 15-second procedure worked for me:

With the computer running, and the charger plugged in:

1.  Remove the battery.

2.  Put the battery back in place.

HP Recommended

Thanks Rockstar---the method worked with Windows 10 as well

HP Recommended

Well Expalied.

Thanks

HP Recommended

nw8440, battery not charging plus other oddities.  The BIOS is the latest (I think F.16; I'd have to reboot now to check).

When AC and battery are both connected, HP Battery Check tool (installed by sp52025.exe) reports:

Design Capacity: 4650 mAh

Full Charge Capacity: 1 mAh

Remaining Capacity: 1 mAh

Current: 0 mA

Terminal Voltage: 16542 mV

Design Voltage: 14400 mV

Cell Voltage 1: 4134 mV

Cell Voltage 2: 4130 mV

Cell Voltage 3: 4146 mV

Cell Voltage 4: 4132 mV

Current State: Charged (100%)

When the AC adapter glitches out for a few seconds, Windows hibernates.  Hibernation completes.  When the AC adapter is jiggled, Windows resumes from hibernation.  So I think the battery is really storing more than 1 mAh.  I tend to believe the cell voltages.

I already tried disconnecting both the battery and AC, pressing the power switch for 20 seconds to remove flea power, and reconnecting everything.  I already tried using Windows 7 device manager to uninstall Microsoft's ACPI drivers; Windows reinstalled them with the next boot.  I already tried booting to the BIOS with only the battery connected, though I think I ran a memtest rather than hard drive test, and let it just sit for a while after memtest completed.  So I think the battery is really holding more than the 1 mAh that it reports, though of course not what a new battery would hold.

When the battery ran down, its charge was 0 mAh but capacity still reported as 1 mAh.

Linux's ACPI drivers also show that the battery is reporting 1 mAh capacity.

Is there some way to make the battery report its true capacity (even though less than a new battery would have)?

It really would be enough.  I haven't found the reaon yet why the AC adapter glitches out, but the battery is capable of running the PC for several minutes, long enough to play with the AC cable and get it working again.  Only Windows (and Linux) don't believe it because of what the battery is reporting, so Windows hibernates and makes a nuisance for the user.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.