Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
thanks Mumbodog, worked fine on my ProBook 4510s, but I dont know why. Do I need to reinstal the latest Battery Management software?
HP Recommended

Just got a knew hp probook laptop with windows7 but doesn't charge and it is showing me plugged in, not charging I need help

HP Recommended

Here is a solution that has worked in the past, so it's worth trying.

1. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, and remove the battery.

2. Hold the power button for thirty seconds.

3. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

4. Boot the notebook up and see if the battery will charge now.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend posting this in the HP Enterprise Support Forums for better coverage.

You can access the enterprise support forums at the following link.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Had and HP 6735b "plugged in and not charging" running Win7 Pro.  Found this and it worked great.  Follow step by step.

Try this:

Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC
Startup
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup

HP Recommended

Tried all of that we have 7 machines all with the same battery charging problem, all are using the correct chargers that came with the machine.

HP Recommended

This issue is occurring with the HP-Probook 4430S as well.  It appears that the laptop is not recognizing the battery as the pop-up indicates “no battery detected" and it was purchased just under a year ago which leads me to believe it is not the battery; perhaps the port is broken. I have contacted my IT guy but will probably be directed to contact HP directly to resolve it. 

Has anyone with this problem found a solution?

HP Recommended

I have a related issue that hopefully someone can help with.

I have an HP Elitebook 8740w that is a real battery hog.  I bought an aftermarket battery (Poweradd 32000mAh) that I planned to use on long plane trips.  The battery works on three other model HP laptops that I have in the house, and also a Lenovo Thinkpad, but I cannot get it to work on my Elitebook 8740w.  It is the only laptop of five that does not allow the battery to supply power to it.

The voltage required to the Elitebook is 19.5V and I measured the output of the battery and it is also 19.5V.  I have another HP laptop that has the exact tip and same adaptor that the Elitebook 8740w uses and that HP laptop works flawlessly with this aftermarket battery, but not the Elitebook 8740w.

IT seems to me that the Elitebook has some other variable voltage requirement possibly, but I am not sure.  Has anyone else experienced this problem with an Elitebook of any model  i.e. trying to use an aftermarket battery?

The aftermarket battery I am trying to use is as follows:

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-trade-LE030-Notebooks-Phones--Compatible/dp/B00DN0KBXU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?...

Thanks

Eric

HP Recommended

Tengo una Lapto Hp pavilion dv7 Notebook Pc y no llevo con ella ni 5 meses y hace poco comenso a salir ese mensaje "plugged in, not charging" he probado sacandole la bateria y otras cosas pero nada que funciona alguien me podria dar una solucion o almenos que me diga que sucede y que puedo hacer mi Gmail es : Mugiwaraboy23@gmail.com por favor si alguien puede ayudarme se lo agradeceria 

HP Recommended

this worked for me:

Try this:
Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC
Startup
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup

---solution provided by 
HP Recommended

WTH are you trying to get electrocuted? That's risky.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.