Question

Top Student
irishtomd
Message 1 of 6 (3,402 Views)

removed printers keep showing up

I delete printers using Control Panel and they keep coming back by showing up even after deleted and reboots. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium Edition on a HP G56-127NR Notebook PC. I am also unable to delete Ports related to the printer.

I have a HP Color LaserJet 2600n connected directly to a wireless router using an ethernet cable. It has worked flawlessly  on this computer previously but I changed the router (changed ISP) and the printer installation has "dropped" several times for some reason and each installation results in a new printer icon on the Printers and Devices page (I now have several with only one working). I wanted to clean up the unused Ports but I keep getting the message the ports are in use (multiple ports from previous multiple attempts to install).

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 6 (3,381 Views)

Re: removed printers keep showing up

[ Edited ]

Hi irishhtomd;

I hope you are doing well and sorry that you are having this issue. 

I will strongly suggest to post in the business support forum as This is a commercial product. This will provide with a better chance at finding a prompt solution.

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Best of luck;
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
irishtomd
Message 3 of 6 (3,377 Views)

Hi RobertoR...

Thanks for your response.

I purchased the HP Color LaserJet 2600n (I presume you are referring to the printer when you suggest I have a commercial product?) for my residence home office. I got it from Sam's Club and previously, when I've sought support from HP, they've told me they don't support the printer because it was a special one-off manufacturing order for Sam' Club only?  What a joke and surprise that was!

Having said that, it now appears that I have the printer working well on my new Internet connection network.

HOWEVER, the problem is really one of not being able to manage (delete selectively) the ports in Windows 7 Home Premium Edition operating system on my  HP G56-127NR Notebook PC.  When one tries to get support from Microsoft for an operating system problem, they always direct you back to your manufacturer?

Still hoping for help here.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 6 (3,373 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there again,

I understand, still  this is a commercial product and perhaps issues like may have been seem more in that forum,  this one which is for consumer product only. Bear in mind this is a peer to peer aproach most people that parcitipate in this forum will offer their suggestions and assistance base on the experience they have with the products they own. Base on that we can deduct that the majority of possible assistance in this particular and similar models will in the business forum that is why I suggested to post there.  

That being said I will suggest to uninstall the printer in safe mode they are times that some processes are share by different applications and rare ocassions this may conflict with uninstallation in safe most probably this will not happend since it loads only generic and most critical drivers and processes. Another tool that I have used with success in the past is Revo uninstaller but as a cautionary comment this is a fairly aggressive tool if you choose to use it please backup all your data before doing so.  

I will reach out to some peers and see if they have or  know of a different approach and hopefully have seem this issue before, help us solved please try the aforementioned steps and lets see how that works.   

Thanks;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
irishtomd
Message 5 of 6 (3,369 Views)

Hi again RobertoR...

Once again, thanks for your reply.

I think the issue is no longer the printer, however.  The issue is with the consumer laptop and its operating system Windows 7 Home Premium Edition.

The only place I know where you can uninstall ports is in by going to the Ports tab on the Printer Properties dialog page. I wonder how the Revo uninstaller locates and works with a port?

I plan to try your suggestion to uninstall the unused printer icons in Safe Mode whenever I can get a decent break in my workload (I'm even retired!), which I can't (tax returns) right now.

Again, thanks for your help.

Cordially,

irishtomd

Professor
RobertoR
Message 6 of 6 (3,367 Views)

irishtomd wrote:

"The only place I know where you can uninstall ports is in by going to the Ports tab on the Printer Properties dialog page. I wonder how the Revo uninstaller locates and works with a port?"

You make an very good and valid point in that regard It will not help just if the problem was the port only, it will if it is the software solution.

Hope the save mode suggestion works for you if not let me know I will do my best to provide further assistance.  

Best of luck;

RobertoR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation