Question

Honor Student
Katiu
Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)

replace Motherboard

Hi, I bought I laptop HP G42-230 US in Canada around 3 years ago; The Motherboard of the laptop died and I need to replace it; The part # is: 592809-001; Has been very difficult find that motherboard, I had a bad experience with one that I bought on Ebay, it was damage; I want to know if any seller or Distributor of HP has it or where I can find it (NY City or Toronto)

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: replace Motherboard

Hi,

Many from eBay now or from some online stores in China. You may want to try the following store:

http://www.amazon.com/G62-AMD-Motherboard-592809-001-DA0AX2MB6E1/dp/B00A1SCHPC

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Katiu
Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)

Re: replace Motherboard

I bought a motherboard from a Ebay seller located in U.S.A and the motherboard offered new arrived damage!!; Today I called to HP and is in stock, the motherboard cost over 200$, almost the 50% of the total cost that I paid for the laptop, is a total abuse.

How is possible that the Ebay sellers can offer that motherboard for less than 150$ ?; My laptop looks almost new, is insane that replace a damage part cost aqlmost the half of the value of the laptop, I need add too the cost of the technical service for replace it; Of course if I have to buy other new laptop I go to choose other brand of sure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation