Question

Honor Student
Simon42
Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

spilled water

Hello

I spilled some soup on my HP Envy 15-j000eb. I immediately turned it upside down and set it off. I cleaned everything I could. Then I put him right up and took all the keyboard keys away, beneath which the soup had spilled out. I cleaned it the best I could and let it open and dry.

When everything looked dry (I examimined everywhere, pressed the surface to make sure no more liquid was coming out), I restarted my laptop. Everything worked fine (it only took a bit longer to start up than otherwise).

But when I tested my keyboard, it all went wrong: only some of the keys work; others give 2 (different) letters on the screen when I push one button,... The soup was spilled only on the left down side of the keyboard, but for example my numpad (right side) doesn't work. I left it open to dry but what should I do now? Open it up and see if nothing of the fluid has gone deeper into the system and check for corrosion; replace it by a new keyboard (where do I find that)? ...

Thanks for your help!

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: spilled water

Hi Simon42,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP ENVY 15-j000eb Notebook and a keys sticking and not displaying correctly on the HP Notebook. Here is a document on cleaning the keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation