Question

Honor Student
JZepp
Message 1 of 12 (3,053 Views)

Just received HP Split 13 X2. No advice about separating tablet screen from keyboard unit and whether this could corrupt the hard drive in the keyboard if done during certain operations or other warnings about when this should not be done.  Since this is a unique feature, I expected some directions regarding this. 

Top Student
BillVo
Message 2 of 12 (2,971 Views)

Re: split x2

I just spent 45 minutes being transfered from agent to agent to correct a problem with the undocking process. 

In the desktop screen, choose the "Safely Remove..." icon, then "Eject Docking Station".  Then you can slide the release lever.

If you see a warning that says you didn't follow the above process, try updating the BIOS.  That fixed the problem for me.

Honor Student
JZepp
Message 3 of 12 (2,964 Views)

That has fixed the problem so far.  Strange that I ran the HP Support Assistant several times  and it did not find the updated BIOS patch for my computer.

Now I am dealing with an incompatibility between the computer and Netflix which prevents video streaming.  Netflix customer support points the finger at anybody else but them as the problem (even though streaming from other sources work fine) and other user comments suggest that it is a conflict with the video card driver.  Windows reports that the video card driver is current so the user comments are to experiment with earlier driver versions until I find one that works with Netflix.  You would think that these companies could shift some resources from marketing to engineeering to actually have working products.  

Top Student
BillVo
Message 4 of 12 (2,948 Views)

Netflix streaming works for me on the Split x2 under the desktop browser.  The Metro browser opens the Netflix app, which also works.  My total running time for each is under 1 minute.

Tutor
Sugarwood
Message 5 of 12 (2,497 Views)

Re: split x2 Safely remove Tablet

I am having trouble finding the desktop command to remove the tablet(screen).  Can someone provide instructions on where to find it.

Thanks in advance for the help

Intern
JeffJSmith
Message 6 of 12 (2,427 Views)

If you look in the system tray you might see the icon a small grey PC with a green tick on it.  If you don't see it, click the small arrow by the system tray and choose 'customise' to set 'Show icon and notifications' for the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon.

Then simply click the icon in the system tray and select 'Eject Docking Station'.

Having said all that, I seem to often get a message that the disk is still in use - I have no idea what is using it and there is no clue of course ...

Tutor
Sugarwood
Message 7 of 12 (2,374 Views)

Found it.  Thanks for all the help.  Sure was not easy to find.

Thanks again for the help.

Tutor
Sugarwood
Message 8 of 12 (2,284 Views)

Docking Station for HP Split X2 13 in

I can not find which docking station will work for HP Split X2 13in.  I found several docking stations but none specifically state that they are for a Split X2 13 in.  Appreciate if some "knows" which docking station will work.

Thanks in advance.

Intern
JeffJSmith
Message 9 of 12 (2,269 Views)

Re: Docking Station for HP Split X2 13 in

The name 'docking staton' is a bit misleading for the Split X2.  What it is referring to is the keyboard part, rather than the tablet screen part. 

The keyboard is usually the half that you charge, and it contains the hard disk and the connector ports (USB etc).  So it sort of serves as a docking station, nd since the screen and keyboard can be split, I guess this could be referred to as 'undocking'.

I hope that helps

Tutor
Sugarwood
Message 10 of 12 (2,247 Views)

Re: Docking Station for HP Split X2 13 in

Thanks for the information.  I appreciate it.  What I was looking is a device that was called a docking station in the old days so that I can increase the number of USB ports, set up a second screen, and have a wired ethernet connection. 

I apologize for not being clear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation