Question

Student
porkiee
Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

stripped laptop screw help

Hi, I was trying to replace my keyboard on my HP laptop HDX 16 last week, and all of the screws came out except the last one, which ended up stripping. I am looking for some advice to how I could possible get this stripped screw out, so that I could replace my laptop keyboard. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated! I already tried calling my local microcenter, but they are charging me 65 dollars to get it inspected, which I find ridiculous. :smileyindifferent:

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: stripped laptop screw help

porkiee wrote:

Hi, I was trying to replace my keyboard on my HP laptop HDX 16 last week, and all of the screws came out except the last one, which ended up stripping. I am looking for some advice to how I could possible get this stripped screw out, so that I could replace my laptop keyboard. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated! I already tried calling my local microcenter, but they are charging me 65 dollars to get it inspected, which I find ridiculous. :smileyindifferent:

Hello porkiee.

In the past I've used a rubber band to remove stripped screws.  Now, I've done this for a variety of things (not just electronics) but never a notebook specifically.  All you need to do is place a flat part of the rubber band over the screw and then attempt to unscrew it.  

I hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation