touchoad not responding (199 Views)
Honor Student
tunir1
Message 1 of 8 (199 Views)

touchoad not responding

hey frnds, i m facing issues in my laptop touchpad

my laptop model is hp pavillion g6 2231tx

generally it works fine but in between use it suddenly freezes,the right click as well as the left click works perfectly,but the mouse pointer freezes and after 2-5 min it automatically starts working fine.

i have already replaced my touch pad twice pls tell me what to do.

Master's Graduate
Siby_M
Message 2 of 8 (184 Views)

Re: touchoad not responding

Hi,

May I know whether you have already serviced the Notebook and got the Touchpad replaced? If you have done that already, please perform a BIOS Update from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-120310-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en...

Important instructions for installing the BIOS update

Once you have downloaded and saved the latest version of the BIOS to your computer, you will need to install it. It will take a few minutes to install the BIOS update. It is important to remain patient - do not interrupt the process, and allow the updates to install properly.

To install the BIOS update, be sure that you are running on AC, not battery, power, and follow the steps below.

1. Connect the AC power supply to the computer. 
2. Before installing the BIOS update, close any open programs and temporarily disable your antivirus software. Remember to re-enable the antivirus software after the installation is complete.
3. Locate the BIOS file (sample name: sp45070.exe) that you downloaded to a convenient location on your computer.
4. Double-click the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. When you are asked for BIOS version you don't have to enter the version number, instead you can continue with the installation by clicking the "Next" or the "Continue" button.
5. Allow the installation to complete all of its actions, and then restart the computer when prompted.
The latest version of the BIOS is now installed on the computer.

I am waiting to hear back from you.

!------------------- Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'. Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers/solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee. 

Honor Student
tunir1
Message 3 of 8 (177 Views)

already done the bios update but still facing the issues.
Master's Graduate
Siby_M
Message 4 of 8 (173 Views)

Oh, I see.

So have you already serviced the Notbook for the same issue? You said you have got the touchpa replaced twice. Were those services through HP?

!------------------- Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'. Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers/solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee. 

Honor Student
tunir1
Message 5 of 8 (170 Views)

yes my laptop is covered under on site warranty ,it got replaced with original hp touchpad by authorised hp technician.

Master's Graduate
Siby_M
Message 6 of 8 (162 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that those services didn't help. Is your product still under warranty. If so, will you be willing to send it for a factory Bench Repair? As opposed to an onsite work, in a Bench Repair issues with the Motherboard can be taken care of in a much better way.

I am an HP Employee. 

Honor Student
tunir1
Message 7 of 8 (155 Views)

yes it is still under warranty,if i send it for factory repair will the problem get fixed.

i was thinking of replacing the whole motherboard by telling the hp representatives.

Master's Graduate
Siby_M
Message 8 of 8 (150 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi tunir1,

Good to hear that the Notebook is still under warranty. Yes, this problem will get definitely fixed if you send it in for a Bench Repair. In a Bench Repair a detailed quality check will be done on all the major components of your Notebook and they will be able to find the root cause of this issue which will get it resolved. As you may understand, there are limitations for an online technician to do a detailed check like this. Online technical help comes handy for simpler issues which need part replacements where we are sure what the root cause of the problem is. Since the root cause is not clear in your case, replacing the Motherboard with an on-site tech again might or might not help. We just cannot be suer with the limited information.

So, I would strongly suggest you to call HP, inform about this issue and ask them  to get the Notebook send in for a Bench Repair. Inform them right at the beginning that the touchpad was replaced twice by authorized HP technicians which did not resolve the issue. If you do this, they will not take you through the software troubleshooting steps which will prove futile in this case.

Please contact HP over the Phone/E-mail/Chat. If you are in the USA/Canada, please contact HP over the Phone at 1800-474-6836.

HP US Support: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=uk&lc=en

HP Worldwide Support: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please find more details for contacting HP from the link below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

Please support me by clicking on the Kudos star and “Accept as Solution” if my advice helped. These are the best ways in which you can thank me.

I am an HP Employee. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation