touchpad not working on presario cq56 please help! (2581 Views)
Honor Student
addugg
Message 1 of 4 (2,581 Views)

touchpad not working on presario cq56 please help!

Hi, this is driving me crazy please any fixes would really stop me pulling my hair out.

Today I purchased a Compaq Persario CQ56 ll921ea#abu running Windows 7 home premium 64bit.

My problem is, the touchpad doesn't work.  it did when I started, then after installing MS sercurity center it stopped.  Whenever I ran safe mode style windows I had control, but when in proper Windows it doesn't.  When I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled them that stopped it working in safe mode.  Now it doesnt work at all.

Please help this is a big stress as Ive just paid £300 for a new laptop because my old one broke and I started up my own business last week, which is why I need this laptop working perfectly.

Honor Student
addugg
Message 2 of 4 (2,556 Views)

Re: touchpad not working on presario cq56 please help!

Anyone?

Top Student
elroddin
Message 3 of 4 (2,448 Views)

I just bought one of these today at Pawn America for 160.00 to find the same problem... touchpad worked for awhile, then not. I'm thinking this is why I got the deal.

I uninstalled the Synapstics touchpad driver and rebooted the computer... no more problem!

Hope this helps

Top Student
elroddin
Message 4 of 4 (2,403 Views)

Oops! That did not work.

What ended up working for me with this notebook is to upgrade the CPU. I found a T4500 2.3ghz Dual Core on Ebay for $17 shipped and installed it in an hour. All you need is a small screwdriver.

Easy as pie, really.

The crappy Celeron in this notebook apparantly can not handle the OS, thus the touchpad problems. I have not had any more issues with the touchpad since and it runs perfectly and fast!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation