Re: usb 3.0 port giving usb 2.0 speeds (60 Views)
Student
jay6461
Message 1 of 2 (80 Views)

usb 3.0 port giving usb 2.0 speeds

i hv bought a new hp envy 15 - j110tx laptop 25 days earlier..and i m facing issues with the 4 usb 3.0 ports provided in it..whenever i connect my transcend storejet ext hdd which has usb 3.0,my system gives transfer speeds of 30-40 mbps which are the speeds of usb 2.0..however the very first day it was giving speeds upto 100mbps but now it is reset to around 35 mbps..please help me out.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: usb 3.0 port giving usb 2.0 speeds

Hi jay6461,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that your USB transfer rates have dropped dramatically since the first day.

Here are some steps you can try.

1. Uninstall and Reinstall the USB driver in Device Manager

2, Do a Refresh PC Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8)

3. Do a restore back to a known good date.   Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8)

4. Do a factory recovery Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)

During the recovery process you will receive a prompt to backup your personal data, if you have not done this yet, I suggest that you do it now to prevent data loss.  Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8)

You also have the option to contact HP support for help.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. HP Technical Support Sitemap

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation