Question

Student
NEDKELLYGUY
Message 1 of 3 (1,015 Views)

validity sensor/digital persona not working after win7 upgrade on dv3 2050ea

Hi,

I have recently clean installed windows 7 after Vista onto a dv3 2050ea laptop. I used the HP downloads page to get all the new drivers for win7 including the validity sensor and digital persona package. Win 7 does not find a biometric sensor and I can't see where to launch digital persona from . What can I do ?

thanks

Alan

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 3 (1,008 Views)

Re: validity sensor/digital persona not working after win7 upgrade on dv3 2050ea

OK, to start with, have you checked in device manager, if you see an entry related biometric Devices...As shown in screenshot below...

finger.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Master's Graduate
AU4U
Message 3 of 3 (997 Views)

Re: validity sensor/digital persona not working after win7 upgrade on dv3 2050ea

[ Edited ]

I just fixed this problem with my HDX 18,,,,,,I will walk you through the process that fixed my FP reader.

I upgraded from VISTA to WIN7, that was where the problem occured.

My PC DL'd the the updated Digital Persona Identity Protection Suite (DPIPS) program for WIN7 from the HP site.

There is a known incompatibility with this update from HP and WIN7.

The Validity Sensor Driver that detects the FP reader is the same for VISTA and WIN7 in my PC (check this first / update IF necessary).

NEXT

I went through the: START>Control Panel>Programs and Features>Digital Persona>Uninstall.

Shut down and restart 2X.

I went back to the HP site and DL'd the DPIPS program for VISTA.

RUN > DPIPS program.

UPDATE from the DPIPS Program (Version 4.11.3826) bypassing the the update from HP.

Hope this works for you.:smileyhappy:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
> See a great post? Click on the white star and give it a Kudos!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation