Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

system details-- HP pavilion DV4 1318tu. purchased in 2009

product no.-- vb619pa#acj.

Bios -- f.67 updated(2010)

OS installed  -- window 7 professional SP1 32bit.

Finger print reader model-- VFS201, Hardware Id--USB\VID_138A&PID_0001&REV_0372.

Currently Using Driver---Validity Sensor WBF VFS(201) version 4.03.340(2010) downloaded from validity sensor website, working correctly on older digital persona 4.11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

problem is i want to use HP simplePass 5.4.0.620  but i require new driver, i've downloaded new  validity sensors

driver version,4.3.205, 4.3.304(2012), and similar version also from HP site, and installed each by removing totally all related  driver and software., but these driver is not installed, because in device manager,they are not showing as biometric device.... no error is appearing. 

actually let me know  What  are  VFS201 and WBF, is new software / driver is available for for my system????

so plz let me also know what is the problem, and, is my system not supporting or driver is not availabe or correct????

if any other s/w or driver is availabe guide me........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

this helped me resolve the vfs201 prb on win 8 hope it does fr u too

http://stanley.thepharmacopedia.com/2012/12/07/validity-fingerprint-sensor-driver-windows-8-windows-...

HP Recommended

Laptop I have  this definition please help thank

validity sensors driver (VFS201)---later than 4.03.340(2010) version  is not working

HP Recommended

Thanks!! This is the solution! Hp Pavilion DV4. 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.