Question

Honor Student
anjala1987
Message 1 of 7 (5,610 Views)

warning machine is not in committed state

warning machine is not in committed state error comes in probook 4530s note book. Please send the solution for this issue.

Associate Professor
wes_notebooks
Message 2 of 7 (5,570 Views)

Re: warning machine is not in committed state

anjala1987,

This error occurs when the DMI version of the system board is incorrect.  You will need to set up a service event by contacting Customer Service.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Did you recently replace the system board or have service done?

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
Student
seamless
Message 3 of 7 (4,470 Views)

Hi,

I hava the same problem with my Probook 4530s. I just change the mother board and then no serial and product number. How can you help me to resolve the problem?

Associate Professor
wes_notebooks
Message 4 of 7 (4,464 Views)

seamless,

See my response to anjala. You'll need to have an authorized service center tattoo the new system board.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
cdisxm
Message 5 of 7 (3,943 Views)

Thanks for the answer. I would only see this as a solution if we knew for certain the system has been changed.

The computer was purchased brand new from the store who are HP dealers.

Could this suggest the motherboard has been changed and it is not a new computer?

Thanks for your clarification.

Honor Student
Brotts
Message 6 of 7 (2,253 Views)

Hello,

I have been reading and trying different utilities grrrrrrrrrrr lol I work for Trinity Information Services and we are a authorized service center. I just changed the system board on a HP 6560b and I am getting the WARNING - MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED STATE.  I read your post that you have to be a authorized service to tattoo the new system board. With that said, where do I get the utility to fix this problem, being an authorized tech.

Thanks,

Scott

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 7 of 7 (2,242 Views)

Brotts wrote:

Hello,

I have been reading and trying different utilities grrrrrrrrrrr lol I work for Trinity Information Services and we are a authorized service center. I just changed the system board on a HP 6560b and I am getting the WARNING - MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED STATE.  I read your post that you have to be a authorized service to tattoo the new system board. With that said, where do I get the utility to fix this problem, being an authorized tech.

Thanks,

Scott

Normally, a lack of a tattoo causes a totally different error.  Also, when the tattoo is missing the computer still works but it will not allow you to install an HP OEM version of Windows.  So, I do not believe the tattoo is what you're missing.

As an Authorized Service Center you should have some special means of contacting HP directly.  These forums are not a direct line to HP or HP Support, but rather a peer-to-peer community.  Any HP Employees you see on here, such as myself, are here to help but not normally in an official capacity.  I suggest you get in touch with HP directly and let them know about the problem.  You likely need a completely different motherboard.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation