Question

Tutor
brokenpcguy
Message 1 of 7 (296 Views)

why do i get so many broken HP's in my pc shop?

wow! im not even referring to nvidia "no video" issues.

just wierd how every HP has different, major, errors. all relativly new pc's too.

designed to fail? i think so.

i always suggest people not buy HP...

i have a stack of DV4's that wont charge,

dv'5s that wont boot.

compaq cq-61's that wont turn on, show no signs of life.

cq-62's with batteries(bios) falling out of the holder

dv 9x00's with issues. no sound, webcam problems.

and all the early dieing batteries.... ive seen toshibas with 5 year old batteries last longet then new HP stuff.

im sorry for you suckers who bought HP/compaq.

Tutor
brokenpcguy
Message 2 of 7 (278 Views)

Re: why do i get so many broken HP's in my pc shop?

i forgot to gripe about the compaq/hp v3000's that overheat

cq-110 mini's with faulty motherboard that wont boot randomly when the lcd panel is installed. (will boot to external monitor but wont turn on with its own LCD installed.)

its not worth it cleaning up after your trash HP.

Intern
lkapoor
Message 3 of 7 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]

While that could be true for most HP laptops, I used my dv2000 14" continuously for 4 years without any major prolems before its screen hinges broke. The HDD had started overheating over the years, but I never had any problems similar to what you listed above.

However, I recently bough the dv6qte and I am not satisfied with it. It runs into minor problems like buttons for brightness not working; fn + b for beats audio not working; games freezing for  seconds, etc. I am starting to think HP products look better than they perform. I am thinking of returning this and trying the ENVY 14 out for luck. 

Tutor
brokenpcguy
Message 4 of 7 (232 Views)

got more broken HP's... alot of them are the same too..

dv6000, dv5 dv6 the worst offenders are the AMD machines.

Provost
Huffer
Message 5 of 7 (226 Views)

Keep in mind HP sells more consumer PCs than anyone else so statistically you would expect to see more on the scrap heap. I also help out in a PC repair shop and have noticed we see a lot of HPs with issues, but we also see Dells and Acers, too. Not so much Lenovos and Toshibas and Asuses. Keep in mind all laptops are made at just a couple different factories. I do not see a big difference in the components that are used in them but I notice some are much easier to work on than others. HPs tend to be real hard to get apart and work on....there is a lot of stuff crammed in a small space. Lenovo and Dell seem to think about the technicians more. Toshbas are also pretty complex inside, generally. 

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 6 of 7 (218 Views)

Huffer wrote:

Keep in mind HP sells more consumer PCs than anyone else so statistically you would expect to see more on the scrap heap. I also help out in a PC repair shop and have noticed we see a lot of HPs with issues, but we also see Dells and Acers, too. Not so much Lenovos and Toshibas and Asuses. Keep in mind all laptops are made at just a couple different factories. I do not see a big difference in the components that are used in them but I notice some are much easier to work on than others. HPs tend to be real hard to get apart and work on....there is a lot of stuff crammed in a small space. Lenovo and Dell seem to think about the technicians more. Toshbas are also pretty complex inside, generally. 

This is what I came here to say. 

Tutor
brokenpcguy
Message 7 of 7 (205 Views)

hp sells more pcs, lets say they have 40-50% market share. then why do i have 80-90% of my repairs being HP's?

desktops, laptops, wierd glitches. blown capacitors. bad monitors. NEW lappy's that dont charge.

ive got a stack of bad HP batteries. no one else can make a dead battery like HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation