Question

Honor Student
rickwesh
Message 1 of 1 (447 Views)

xb2000 hard drive tray availability ?

[ Edited ]

I have a zv6000 and recently found an xb2000. I'd like to add one (or two if possible) hard drives to the xb2000. Is the expansion still available and/or does anyone have any information on getting one.

Also I understand that the expansion drive tray uses a 3.5 drive. Is it possible to find just the tray these days and add on a larger drive. Even the 250gb option seems a bit weak. The zv6000 has a small 80gb in it and would love to change that some day as well, but updating an external drive in the xb2000 would suit me fine right now.

Any replies at all would be helpful!!!

thanks

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ok this is a bit insane.

I thought posting a thread on the HP forum would get me a pretty quick reply even it was bad news.

I don't think there are many people out there that would be willing to pay $200+ dollars to get a 250gb drive with a simple tray adaptor for the xb2000 when you can buy a brand new 1.5Tb drive for under $150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There must be someone that has the drive tray out there amongst every HP laptop owner in here!

I've seen plenty of threads about the xb2000 in here. I just want to get the tray.

I'm willing to accept FSB offers and directions to a site that has just the tray.

Again,

thanks for any help that anyone has to offer here.

Message Edited by rickwesh on 09-08-2009 07:47 PM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation