Question

Honor Student
munsta
Message 1 of 3 (292 Views)

zBook 14 trouble with Intel Wireless-N 7260 in 5Ghz (a-Band)

Hi everyone,

got my brand new zBook 14 yesterday. So far extremely happy with the performance. What bugs me is some serious trouble with WLAN in the 5GHz Band. There are connection drops every 10-30 minutes. Windows then states, limited connection, but all others devices work properly. So far the 2.4 GHz mode is working, but the frequency space here is awfully crowded so i really need to use the a-Band.

i also searched the forum over at intel, where some folks described the same issue, but the intel folks said it has to be resolved by the manufacturer of the notebook.

Looking forward to your replies.

Best regards,

Bernhard

Student
ChuckLee
Message 2 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: zBook 14 trouble with Intel Wireless-N 7260 in 5Ghz (a-Band)

Did you ever get feedback on the wireless performance with 5 Ghz? 

I just started using my ZBook 14 and I have the exact same issue. 

Other HP notebook PCs ... e.g., Elitebook or older mobile workstations have great speed with 5 Ghz band, but the ZBook 14 can only muster a 'Fair' connection signal in the exact same location. 

Honor Student
munsta
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: zBook 14 trouble with Intel Wireless-N 7260 in 5Ghz (a-Band)

Hey ChuckLee,

supportwise i never opened a case with hp. Nevertheless, if you update all the drivers to the most current version it is supposed to work. At least it does work here at my office with an Apple AirportExtreme 5th gen. I cannot tell you the exact version which is required to work. I feel I had to wait at least 3 or 4 months for the update and finally used the HP softpaq download manager.

IMHO the model is FUBAR. My device is soon to be picked up by HP and diagnosed at the lab as it also has a serious suspend-to-ram issue, which prevents the device from properly waking up after standby. All work is lost and the devices boots from scratch. Bummer. Already got the mainboard and harddisk replaced, installed several versions of Win8, but no improvement. Hope the guys in the lab can shed some light.

So far i am more then deeply disappointed by the device itself and the support so far. So far it is the most expensive paperweight i own. Hope I could at least help you with the WLAN issue.

Best regards,

Bernhard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation