Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lenovo does it right, the Fn is on the outside instead of the Ctrl key.

On a ZBook 15 G2, how can one swap these keys??

Thank you, Tom

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello  ,

Please find the below steps for you switch FN key. I hope this is what you are looking for:

Steps:

> Tap on F10 upon restart to boot into BIOS

> Got to Advanced tab>> Under Device Settings>> Device Configuration > Check Fn Key Switch.

Hope this help!

Thanks,

Mahesh

I'm an HP Employee. The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting that, I did not see it when I was working on the BIOS earlier.

Do you perhaps know if it is possible to switch the physical keys on the keyboard after swapping them in BIOS?? :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Thank you, Tom

HP Recommended

I am afraid, we cannot do that..swapping the physical keys on the Keyboard. This might end up in damaging the Keyboard or non funtionality of the same.

I'm an HP Employee. The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Feature / part request: ability to replace/change keys, ability to move around keys, ability to buy / install alternate keyboard with Fn/Ctrl key properly swapped around.

Where/how to submit??

Thank you, Tom

HP Recommended

I am not very sure on this feature though, however you may reach our Tech support @ 1 866 625 1175 for them to help you directly.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I checked the option in the BIOS, but this seems to have no result. I still have to press the hardware 'CTRL'-key, e.g. when I want to login to Windows. Any ideas, why this is not working?

Just to be sure that we are talking about the same subject: I would like to swap the FN key and the CTRL key on the left lower corner of my keyboard.

Thanks for your help,

Michael

HP Recommended

Unfortunatly this is not doing what the user asked for in the original question. The option in BIOS changes the behavior of the F1-F12 keys. If activated, the "action keys" are used (volume up / down, brightnes...). If unchecked, F1 - F12 is used.

So there is still no documentation on how to swap FN and CTRL on the keyboard, which is bad since all other manufacturers (Lenovo, Apple,...) have those keys swapped, which makes it extremely confusing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.