Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

How to solve this problem?

HP Recommended

All the talk of white list and non-supported card previously in this thread SHOULD be nonsense. Tried to update BIOS on a HP Education Netbook today, all original parts ... reboot generated this error ...

Take the card out (requiring taking cover and screws out ... boots (after telling me no card in place) , put the card back in and reboot and it fails ...

Sort it out HP, somebody should be moderating these threads and fixing your broke installers....

Not a happy chappy, and my son is none too pleased either ... Poor show

HP Recommended

I had same issue Re: 104 unsupported wireless network device detected. for me I just remove wi-fi card (next to memory ram card) and start PC and voilá... next made shut down and insert same wi-fi card and it restart properly as new.

But maybe had some lucky.

I recomended after start PC you change any wi-fi controlers/updates/or Update Bios or else.

regards

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  I opened the door that covers the wifi card and memory chips.  Found one of the three wires has come loose.  It's very hard to push it back on it's connector.  After connected, the fault went away.  Hope it be that easy for you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I could not get the knoppix 3.8.2 but i have downloaded the new version.

when i typed iwconfig i gat wlan0.

please let me know whic command i have to put for wlan0

thanks

HP Recommended

104 unsupported wireless network device detected system halted remove device and restart.

I have to remove the hp wireless card 459339-004 so that i can start my laptop.

Please help

HP Recommended

I have an old XP laptop, only use it with my scanner as I cannot get a more recent driver. I had this message, after several attempts trying to get round it I shut the laptop down, closed it gave it a bit of physical abuse and the problem was gone.

HP Recommended

I have a CQ61-310US Laptop that I am making some upgrades to for someone.  The wireless card I have purchased is not working.  It's an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 PCIe mini wifi card.

Am I to understand from others that there will be no possibility, save for risky BIOS modifications, to clear the laptop boot screen?

The only other alternative would be to use ONLY the listed and cleared "parts" in the Maintanance Manual, right? 

These seems rather FORCED on part of HP.

Any thoughts or ideas of getting the current card to work?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.