Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-2012sq Notebook

Hello to everybody and thank you in advance!

I have a HP Pavilion g6-2012sq Notebook and i need to access the Advanced BIOS Menu specific to my InsydeH2O F25, 3.7 BIOS. I have read alot on the internet and i understood that my advanced BIOS settings are hidden. I also saw that on some InsydeH2O BIOSes if you press F10 then A key, it will boot advanced BIOS stuffs. Not my case. I don't want to hack my BIOS to unlock these settings, so it must be a trick to do this and i hope you know it and you will tell it to me soon. 

Regards, Mihai

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MihaiEftimie,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  If your bios does not give you the access to advanced features or they are greyed out then you can not access them.

These features are set so that you do not have access or they where not loaded onto that version of the bios.

What problems are you having that you require access to this area of a bios?

Please post back if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I want to install Yosemite for a faculty project, so I need to make some changes to my BIOS. I can't controll AHCI/ IDE/ ATA/RAID, I can't controll the boost of my cpu, I can't access how to set order of my video cards because i don't have these options. I have in the menu only Info, where almost all info's fields are gray, I have Boot options and another few irrelevant otions. I don't have more than 9-10 options in 4 fields of my BIOS menu, including fields for boot order, "Discard saves and exit " and "Save and exit". I saw on the internet that my BIOS have more Options, but they are locked. I need to unlock them. They are encrypted using RSA. It is like I buy a car with options like conditioned air and sport mode, but i can not use them. I don't see the logic. How I said before, in some InsydeH2O BIOSes, you can access these options using a trick. Regards,

Mihai

HP Recommended

@MihaiEftimie,

Hello and thanks for posting back.  With this kind of situation you will not be able to do what you are needing to do.  The notebook you have is a standard use notebook and does not have the potential to be upgraded like you are wanting.  For a system that will give you the range of control you are looking for you will need to invest in a higher end system or one of the commercial systems that are designed for accepting dual boot and advanced hardware control.

You would have to check on the HP shopping site for small and medium business or our commercial products.

8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Central (Monday - Friday);
9 a.m. – 11 p.m. (Weekends), English only
Questions before you buy 866-625-0242, option 2.
Questions about an existing order 866-625-0242, option 3.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank You for your promptitude.
    After a week of sleeplessness and hard research, today I was finally succeded. I am writing this message from my Notebook with Yosemite and almost all his functionalities working properly. I am still wondering why InsydeH2O comes with almost all menu items locked and hidden. I didn't find a good way to unlock them without hacking my BIOS, so I gave up and I tryed another methods to install Yosemite. Maby locking BIOS is just an assurance for newbies to not crack their computer systems. My problem seems to be solved, if i am looking at what I was needing. But, a last question. When I bought my Notebook they told me that I can boost my cpu to 3.1Ghz. How can I do this if my BIOS is locked?  Thank You again! Regards,
                                                                                                             Mihai

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.