Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Techies,

i am using Pavilion DV5 ,recently i am facing a issue ,whenever i switchched on ,Laptop will display the HP logo and then it goes to Blank Screen .

I tried to Boot using a Bootable CD ,But that is also not happening ..What could be the Problem 

Thanks in advance 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the link below:

Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply ...

I tried as per the comments but still the problem remains same ...

Thanks,

Sivakumar

HP Recommended

Use Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to scan your computer.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I am not able to Boot the Laptop Using Bootable CD or Bootable USB ..

Thanks,

Sivakumar

HP Recommended

To determine is a memory module is causing the failure, try to isolate the problem. 

If there are installed 2 memory modules then remove first and then try to startup notebook only with second module. Still not solved?

Insert this first one and remove second module. Still not solved?

If you have compatible module in other laptop then remove modules / module which were / was originaly installed in notebook with problem and use one module from the other notebook. Still not solved?

Prepare a bootable flash drive with Ubuntu (download here) using the instructions from here.

Remove hard drive and try to boot from this flash drive. If this will work then hard drive is faulty.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Really Thanks ..But i tried all the options as you mentiioned ..But still Problem remains same..

Please Help

Thanks,

Sivakumar

HP Recommended

1. Is your notebook still under warranty?

2. Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:

How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

3. Please Perform a hard reset.

To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.
  1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
  2. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
  3. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for about 1 minute to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
  5. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  6. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.

HP Recommended

hey my hp pailion dv6000 laptop display hp logo with low brightness and doesn't show 

HP Recommended

Hi Addisu, sorry to hear that you are having Black screen issues. I have a document for you that I think may help you resolve the issue.  Please click on the link that I have provided.        http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01997899

If this does NOT resolve the issue, please feel free to write back for additional instructions.

Thank you

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.