Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, i have a HP Probook 6555b-SK562UC#ABA & it's Windows 7. I've for about 2 months now my problem with the laptop is that one day it overheated & it had shut down, then suddenly right after it did a amber/orange light came on & it was stuck there & from then on i haven't been able to turn it on. Though there have been times where i've messed with the computer & i have actually gotten the charger light that was solid orange to blink fast over & over blue/turquiose & amber/orange. I don't believe it's a battery issue because i have the exact same brand of computers in the family & when i put my battery in those it works so i don't know & i have been avoiding to get it checked because i don't want to have to come out of pocket if i don't need to so you guys are pretty much my last resort.  Please this computer means a lot to me (a lot of good memories & importance) so if you guys could help you'd truly be a blessing thx!

P.S. i have used a hard reset & it hasn't worked either.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Jhshield,

sorry to heard that from your laptop.

First of all try again a power reset. Remove battery,unplug power supply and any external devices press and hold power button for 30s. Then plug only power supply and check the connector led color. Then try to power on. If doesn´t power on please test your power supply into another laptop to be sure is fully working.

Also please check if caps lock led or any other blink, if yes, please check the sequence. Check if this page helps you:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

You can remove your hard disk to plug it into another computer access and backup your data if you need you can buy an external hard disk enclosure 2.5 hdd´s in every computer store it´s cheap and you can work with your hard disk like any external usb disk drive.

Your unit still in warranty so if after this steps issue persist i advise you to contact hp assistance so they can solve the issue quickly for you. If you need the contacts please tell me your country.

Any question or doubts please share as well as any detail that you might consider important to help you.

Thanks good luck and best regards.

HP Recommended

thanks soooooooooo much for your help that worked with my laptop

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.