Question

Student
LiquidMD
Message 1 of 1 (51 Views)

Big computer issues

Hey all. I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

Last week, my computer was working just fine. Then, I tried to boot it up. After showing the HP logo screen with the option to push esc for the boot menu, it went to a black screen with a blinking cursor. It remains there. After resetting it several times by holding down the power button, it goes to the safe mode screen. I can't select anything, so it boots to windows normally. When this happened, I was rather excited, but not for long. I have no keyboard or touchpad functionality. I attached a USB keyboard and mouse, but no luck there either.

I removed the hard drive and connected it to someone else's laptop. It boots just fine. I connected theirs to mine. It goes to the black screen with the blinking cursor.

Anyone have any idea what may be wrong and how to fix it? I fear it may be a hardware issue (but I'm unsure, so I posted it here) and my warranty just expired on Dec 17.

Thanks!

LiquidMD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation