Question

Student
Vicky-J
Message 1 of 1 (542 Views)

Black/Gray Screen - Difficulty Starting Up - HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook

I am currently runing a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 6GB RAM, 64-bit OS. I've had a number of issues with overheating, that I believe are caused by pet fur and so on getting in the fan, but my main concern at the moment is that I had some weird start-up issues this morning. When I turned my laptop on, it was not plugged into anything and should have run fine on battery power - I later checked to see how charged the battery was, and noted that it was at about 86%. However, before I could even get to the 'Starting Up' screen, the monitor went black/gray and simply wouldn't change. I tried hitting F4 incase it was an issue there, and after several moments of nothing, plugged the laptop in to go find my warranty information. At which point, it quickly started up. Anyone else had this problem before, and is there anything I should do to stop it from occurring again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation