Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 17t j-100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I recently bought the laptop brand new and tried to format it so i went into BIOS and made the cd/dvd as the first one on eufi boot order , after that i restarted the laptop and the computer doesnt works , i mean i can hear the fan , the caps lock and hdd led flash continously, the monitor stays black. I tried to hard reset by holding the power button while ac and battery removed but no succes.Please i need some professional help
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @nestialb,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY 17t j-100 Notebook and issues with the BIOS. Try starting the Notebook and right away pressing the Windows key and b. It should restore the BIOS to a previous version.

If that does not help, try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Try to connect to a monitor to see what happens.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer! I tried all solutions u mentioned. I also tried to update the BIOS using a USB byt pressing win and b key and power button at the same time but when i do it nothing happens on screen, the screen stays black. When i try to update BIOS with usb the caps lock does 2 continous blinks and then stop and then repeat the same process also the led of my usb flas but then stops. I also tried to connect to an external monitor but the same, also tried with a hard reset. PLease i need a professional answer! I also study for IT so i understand some things about computers but cant solve this issue! Best regards

HP Recommended

Hey @nestialb,

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS to factory settings with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Using the USB drive might not work on this Notebook. That is why I recommended to restore to factory defaults.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
What do you mean? I cant even access BIOS how am i supossed to reset it ? Is there any way to hardware reset it by removing the cmos battery or jumper ? Please help
HP Recommended

Hey @nestialb,

Try starting the Notebook and right away pressing the Windows key and b without any USB connected device or flash drives.

Removing the Cmos battery will not help if the Notebook is not starting at all.

Try a different Power Adapter. If nothing helps you will have to take the Notebook to a repair center.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I tried that and nothing happens, the notebook starts but nothing happens on screen it stays black , the hdd led starts to blink at the start of boot also the capa lock , when i try to do the win ans b key method the caps lock blinks to time and then repeat the same process which means its bios failure . trying with another adapter doesnt make sense because the computer power ups. Thanks
HP Recommended

Hey @nestialb,

If you have tried a different power source, reseated the HDD and memory and tried the Windows b key upon startup, the next step would be to a testing or repair center to see what component is not performing.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.