12-28-2012 01:44 PM - edited 12-28-2012 01:46 PM
- Windows stops responding and nothing moves on the computer display.
- When using Windows, a blue screen error opens and you cannot continue.
- The computer does not respond to input from the mouse or keyboard.
- Turn the notebook off
- Then turn it back on and start tapping F10 to get into the BIOS.
- From here you want to test the Hard Drive. ( How to test the Hard Drive )
- If you get an error message then you know it's the Hard Drive.
If the Bios doesn't come up and the screen is still black
- Remove the Hard Drive.( How to remove a Laptop Hard Drive )
- Boot the notebook up and start tapping F10 to get into the Bios.
- If you can get into the BIOS like this the issue is your Hard Drive.
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: Black Screen ? Windows 8 notebook freezes or hangs ? Stalling on HP logo ?
12-28-2012 01:45 PM
Hope this helps!