Black Screen on Pavilion dv6t-7000 Select Edition Entertainment Notebook PC (123 Views)
Top Student
rossg91
Message 1 of 3 (123 Views)

Black Screen on Pavilion dv6t-7000 Select Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

Hi, I have the above laptop and it is less than a year old. It has already been replaced due to hard drive problems and it was away at repair for 3 weeks.

When I turn it on there is a black screen but it is lit so it doesn't look as if the screen is dead or broke.

As you can tell, I am upset about this as I bought it brand new for a lot of money.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: Black Screen on Pavilion dv6t-7000 Select Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

Hello rossg91:

This is the time you put your manners as a side. If you are a lady then let your boy freind or husband to the calling. Here is their number to call. Please have your case number ready it's on all your e-mails and on your repair sheet that HP sent back with your lap top.

This is Cindy and I am a Case Manager on the Hewlett Packard AMS TCO Escalations team, here is my contact information for further assistance.

My office hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm CST Central time.

Cindy

Case Manager

HP US TCO Escalations Team

Tel: 1-877-917-4380 ext. 08.

You may not get a hold of Cindy but you deffently get a sign case manger.

Do not settle for their gift certifics puss them them to exchange your broken lap top for a new one.

My guess see that they only replaced the hard drive that the motherbaord needs replacing. Their repair center is horrible. Read my furoms posted in Touchsmart sections. I wish the best luck. I am still waiting for my HP Touchsmart 600-1050 to return back. They wanted me to settle for $75.00 gift certificate for over $300.00 just in parts alone not counting the shipping , taxes, and installing them. Four times that computer was sent in for repairs this time they damaged the Touchsmart 23" sreen assemble. My poor HP DV7 6135dx has been sent in so many times I lost count the only two parts that haven't been replaced on it is the brown metal part around keyboard and the mother board. Some things have been replaced three times. I know my next set of computers are going to be Apple's computers. frrw.

Top Student
rossg91
Message 3 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Black Screen on Pavilion dv6t-7000 Select Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

Another repair has been authorized... this is beyond a joke!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation