Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have an HP G72 laptop. A few days ago I was thinking about installing
ubuntu. I booted from the LiveUSB. For some reason or another, I'm claiming temporary insanity, when the 'Try Ubuntu' screen came up, Ipressed the power button on the latop instead of going through the restart option.

Now the laptop will not boot from the hard drive. It shows no BIOS or anything, just a black screen. The fan is running, the wifi light is lit, the number lock is lit but the screen is totally blank. I connected an external monitor and it doesn't show anything either.

However, if I put the Ubuntu Live USB in, the system will boot from it and the external monitor will show Ubuntu.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I resolved the issue.  Not sure how but I tore the system down to the base components and put them back together and it booted up just fine into Windows.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I resolved the issue.  Not sure how but I tore the system down to the base components and put them back together and it booted up just fine into Windows.

HP Recommended

Awesome, I'm glad that you were able to resolve your issue!

Have a great weekend!

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

same problem as pollock   stripping computer down and reseting HDD and RAM didn't help. problem started immediately after latest win10 update. will check microsoft next.   frustrating

HP Recommended

i can't even boot from the dvd drive....system does see the dvd drive in BIOS.   ?Now what

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.