Question

Honor Student
Techineer
Message 1 of 4 (1,101 Views)

Blink code Caps lock Pavilion g4-1117dx

On a Pavilion g4-1117dx that won't start, the caps lock blink code appears to be a repeating pattern of 4 blinks, each one shorter than the previous.  

The error codes list doesn't describe anything about the duration of the blinks, and indicates that the blinking stops after the code. 

If I assume that this pattern corresponds to the 4x blink related to the graphics adapter, does anyone have any recommendations for initial attempts to correct?

I see that this may have any of a number of CPUs and graphic adapters.  Is there any way to find out what it is equipped with?

(I am a CET electronics technician servicing other types of electronic equipment, so please include any technical recommendations.)

Thanks,

Neil P.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 4 (1,082 Views)

Re: Blink code Caps lock Pavilion g4-1117dx

Hi Techineer,

I understand you are getting Blink code on Caps lock, with your Pavilion g4-1117dx.

This Document should help steer you in the right direction.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00372748&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5118773&tmp...

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Techineer
Message 3 of 4 (1,081 Views)

All those preliminaries have been done.

Part of the problem is that the description of the blink codes on the support site is rather vague, and the behavior of the machine does not match the behavior described.   The support page says the blinking will stop, and the machine blinks continuously.

I am also getting different blink patterns from one time to another.   Often it is a 1 second blink repeated about every 4 seconds.

I am going to try to obtain another memory module and try that next.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (1,076 Views)

Hey Techineer,

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation