Question

Honor Student
axiom98
Message 1 of 4 (3,360 Views)

Blue screen of Death Issue -- 0XDEADDEAD

I am getting this problem for a month+  now.  This problem is always similar 1st the wireless (WIFI Intel) disappears from the device manager, then 1 to 2 minutes later the blue screen of death.  This usually occurs 1-2 minutes after wakeup from sleep.  Now this is what really got my blood boiling -- 1st I was told by HP support to upgrade my drivers -- turns out they gave me the wrong driver (twice maybe more I don't know about), then after 4 calls I was told that this is a virus and recovery should fix this issue.  As a programmer I know it is not a virus (makes no sense -- why would a virus only effect a computer on wakeup).  If I wanted to annoy someone, I would just remove the wireless device on startup not wakeup -- plus this is known issue both on Intel's site and HPs.  Link:  http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-030396.htm  & http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-Pavilion-Dv6-Return-Of-The-blue-screens-of-memory-...

Prior to the driver upgrade the error code was 0x9F after upgrade the code is 0xDEADDEAD -- another reason why this is not a virus, the error code change shows that this is an internal hardware software communication issue.  This computer had an issue on original windows setup as well(1 minute after purchase 1st boot up bluescreen prior to any windows setup on my part) so recovery will be a waste of my time -- if I have to do that I might as well ask for my money back for the laptop, but incase I am wrong I will play along. When I was told recovery was "the only option" to fix this computer -- I asked for the drivers so that I could go online and place all my data in my remote backup, and to finish my current project (yesterday, the representative said he would call me back in 5 minutes with the file name -- since I usually download and save all the driver files prior to installing them, just needed the name -- haven't heard from the representative yet).  Please also understand that as a programmer after recovery, it can take up to a week for me to finish my environment setup (as I can't write scripts in windows). 

Being a programmer I am willing to give Hp a chance to fix the issue but I cannot wait forever, this Friday will be my deadline as the run around is noted clearly in my service requests.  At which point I will request for full repayment of my monies due to failure to meet the warranty requirements of the contract.  I do have to clearly note this team in India (when I call at night) is not as good as the team here in the US -- the person in US went through my history and found the fact that wrong drivers were given to me and was willing to wait for me to finish installation, reboot, and verify error was gone; though the next wake from sleep it came back.  This could be just one or two persons in the India team as my sample set is small 4 calls so far. 

Please also note:  Mediafire's express download page is blocked by Norton as a possible malicious download site -- though after you look into details of threat none is found by Symantic on the site.  This is yet another example of lack of communication within Hp -- your post recommends Media Fire, and your new laptops come with Symantic installed shouldn't the two be tested prior to recommending? 

In anycase the url for dumps:  http://glumbouploads.com/r3wlp8k0p6rb

Product Information:

HP dv6 Pavilion Notebook PC

Processor: Intel core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Wireless Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030

-- note another reason why I think drivers are to blame -- I am still finding 3 warning messages in my device manager for bluetooth though the fourth is working.  Dont use bluetooth so not an issue. 

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 4 (3,340 Views)

Re: Blue screen of Death Issue -- 0XDEADDEAD

Hi,

Uninstall current driver for your Intel wireless card.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install latest from here (for 32 bit system) or here (for 64 bit system).

Now your problem should be solved.

Resource:

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows ope...

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
axiom98
Message 3 of 4 (3,278 Views)

After trying different drivers -- recovered to original setup and still the issue came up.  This time the original 0x9F.  Shipped the laptop to the warranty repair, as they claimed to do an exhaustive hardware test.  Only to find that the only test they have done is software.  What a waste of my time -- I am now considering legal options with HP and will keep this post updated as how it goes.  The run around is enough and has brought me to my limit. 

Don't fall for the 2 year warranty promise -- just bunch of bs. 

Honor Student
axiom98
Message 4 of 4 (3,277 Views)

BTW just bought a Lenovo yesterday. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation